It is crazy in our house this week. Anthony is super busy at work and I am putting together some awesome wedding invitations, making guest gift bags for a wedding, and baking 100 sugar cookies for a shower. It’s also about a billion degrees outside, so I am continuing my summer trend of low-effort dinners.
I love anything that has melted cheese on it, so I picked up some good bread, asparagus, scallions, ham and mild cheddar at the store on Sunday and made yummy grilled sandwiches that night.
Open-Face Grilled Ham & Cheese with Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 bunch scallions, ends trimmed
- Several slices thick french bread
- 6 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Several slices thin sliced ham
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme
1. Set over to 400 degrees. Spread asparagus and scallions on a cookie sheet, toss with a little olive oil to coat. Roast for about 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
2. Remove vegetables from the oven and assemble sandwiches on a cookie sheet sprayed lightly with olive oil. Bread first, then ham, then vegetables, then cheese and herbs.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees until cheese is melty and edges of bread are crispy.