It’s getting cool here in Scranton, and yesterday I pulled out my tall boots and warmest sweater. I’m going to be baking like a crazy person this week – 224 sugar cookies and 200 mini desserts, and I’m trying to expand my recipe book with some yummy fall flavors. Here are some of the recipes that I am dying to try:
Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies from Just a Taste
Mini Cinnamon Rolls from Iowa Girl Eats
Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread from Annie’s Eats
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes from Pinch My Salt
Apple Cider Caramels from Blondie’s Cakes
Coffee and Donut Cupcakes from Always with Butter
What a week! I just finished up a huge set of beautiful wedding invitations that I can’t wait to share. Anthony gets extra credit for staying up late helping me fold, glue and assemble and I had to enlist the help of my aunt, mom, grandmother and cousin to put everything together. It’s so nice to have family so close!
I’m spending the day today working on some sugar cookies for a bridal shower and tomorrow we are heading to Bear Mountain, New York for a wedding. It’s been such a crazy week, I’m really looking forward to hanging out with Anthony’s family and enjoying the celebration.
Here are some of my favorite things from the internet this week:
- This adorable little girl’s bedroom from Made by Girl
- An amazing wedding cake from Sprinkles Bakes
- Ombre Cupcakes from Somewhere Splendid
- Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere has a new book that looks amazing!
Wedding season is in full swing around here, and I’m in the middle of some huge invitations, program and place card projects. I’ve been working like a crazy person lately, and I’m excited to take a little break on Saturday to catch up with some of my favorite ladies.
There were some awesome things on the internet this week, here are my favorites in case you missed them:
- The most amazing wedding website ever made
- Pretty Pink Cake from Sprinkle Bakes
- Grilled Peaches from The Year in Food
- Love this
- Red, White and Blue Cookies from Bake at 350
It’s a long weekend, and that means you have extra time to do what makes you really happy. Anthony and I are heading up to Connecticut to visit some family & friends, hitting up Ikea for some new house stuff, and Vespa shopping. He’s been dying for a Vespa forever, and has been vehicle-less since we sold his beloved Smart Car last fall. He has a serious thing for impractical transportation, and for some reason I love to indulge him.
Once again, there are some really awesome people with fantastic ideas on the internet. Here are some of my favorites:
- How to Make a Statement Necklace from Making it Lovely
- How to Make a Wedding Cake from Etsy Weddings
- I love, love, love this apartment from Little Green Notebook
- And this closet turned powder room from Design Sponge
Happy Mother’s Day weekend! Hopefully you have something nice planned for your mom. Anthony’s mother, brother and sister are coming to visit and we’re planing dinner on Saturday night and brunch on Sunday. I’m really lucky to have a wonderful mom who has always supported me in everything I do. I also have a great mother-in-law, grandmother, aunts, and grandmother-in-law (is that a thing?), plus some wonderful friend who are fantastic mothers.
Here are some good things to make for your favorite moms this weekend:
- Blueberry Bundt Cake from Bake at 350
- Pasta with Garlic Mussels from Camille Styles
- Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake from Martha Stewart
- Nectarine and Blackberry Gallette from Cupcakes and Cashmere
- Soft Eggs with Buttery Herb Gruyere Toasts from Smitten Kitchen
Happy Friday! I have a few things scheduled this weekend – making a birthday cake, babysitting, sewing some curtains for my sister’s new house, and (hopefully) banishing some truly terrifying spiders from one of our windows. Here are a few of my favorite things from the internet this week:
- Root Vegetable Fritters from my new favorite food blog, Spoon Fork Bacon
- A delicious looking Avocado and Smoked Salmon Salad from Joy the Baker
- Homemade Blood Orange Marmalade in adorable packaging from Love & Olive Oil
- I absolutely love AB Chao’s Bedroom
- Pretty Paper Peony from Ellineé Design
Happy Friday! I’m planning a quiet night at home tonight, followed by a loud day on Saturday with the kids (I’m on babysitting duty tomorrow night). I’m working on some great invitations and getting some new items up in my shop. Hopefully it will be a fun and productive weekend!
Here are a few of my favorite things from the internet this week:
- Great navy color schemes from Hey Look
- Amazing NYC roof garden on Honestly WTF
- Pretty Garden Sketches from Wit & Whistle
- Delicious-looking kale and quinoa cakes from Joy the Baker
- Container Gardening Tips from Apartment Therapy
- I need these signs for my house
I am baking for our family’s Easter party this weekend, and I made these Easter Egg sugar cookies yesterday. Usually I decorate actual eggs, but these are much tastier. I have a few more things on my list to make, including some of this good stuff:
- The Secret to Chocolate Chip Cookies via America’s Test Kitchen
- This Asparagus Gruyere Tart from Martha Stewart has been on my list of things to try for a while, and I had it at the shower I went to last weekend – it was amazing!
- Jello in Real Eggs from Just a Taste is hilarious, and I am thinking of giving it a try.
- If you’re crazy, you might try this tutorial from Shauna Sever – How to Make Your Own Marshmallow Peeps.
- This Arugula Pistachio Pesto from Love and Olive Oil looks delicious.
- I have a huge craving for these Mussels in White Wine Sauce and might give them a try next week.
- The 100 Greatest Cooking Tips of All Time from The Food Network.
Have a great (and delicious) weekend!
I love this quote because it reminds me to be prepared. I can’t go shopping without a list because otherwise I end up with a cart full of food and nothing that I really want. I’m working on getting better at planning my business and my life, making sure that my energy and effort is going towards things I really want to be doing. March has been a really fantastic month for me, and I’m so lucky to get to keep doing the things that I love. All of this is possible because I decided what I really wanted, and now I’m going for it.
There are so many wonderful people on the internet that inspire me to keep doing good things every day. Here are some of my favorite posts from the past week:
- DIY Grocery Bag Easter Baskets from ellinée
- Pretty Birthday Party from Somewhere Splendid
- Cookie Dough Marshmallows from Love & Olive Oil (last time I tried to make marshmallows it was a sticky mess, but these ones look too delicious not to try)
- Great, Affordable Furniture Picks from Restored Style (I have my eye on the gray Ikea buffet for our dining room)
- Love this Outfit from Kendi Everyday
This weekend is one of the first in a while that we don’t have any travel plans. I’m looking forward to doing some cleaning, organizing and cooking. There are some awesome things that I found on the internet this week that are inspiring me.
- This bathroom from Manhattan Nest is inspiring me to finally paint our bathroom. (I bought dark blue paint in September and have been afraid to use it).
- A paint job makes a boring table amazing on Yellow Brick Home.
- Camille Styles starts a series on improving your photo skills.
- A beautiful wall of votives from Teal & Lime.
- The most organized pantry ever from The Social Home.
- I’m totally making these Freezer Chicken Pot Pies from America’s Test Kitchen.